LS1LT1 Forum banner

For those who haven't seen the leaked pics yet

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  OrangeSS99 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
gettinthere said:
That rear pic is different than the ones that were posted. Not by alot though.
I just did a side-by-side with the original rear-end picture, and the one on their site......

It's the same exact shot.

The only thing I noticed is that it looks like they brightened the picture up some in Photoshop, or similar software... most likely when they added their own watermark.

#5 ·
Darth Xed said:
I just did a side-by-side with the original rear-end picture, and the one on their site......

It's the same exact shot.

The only thing I noticed is that it looks like they brightened the picture up some in Photoshop, or similar software... most likely when they added their own watermark.

That could be it then. By brightening the pic it made the rear look different.

#6 ·
Chris 96 WS6 said:
I agree it looks doctored slightly. The tail lights look more like decals in their pic vs. the originally leaked 'LS1tech' photos.

I thought that too, but when I looked at the original pic again, I think they actually look like decals there too, which wouldn't be surprising on a clay mock-up. It's probably a normal way to do things at the earlier stages of design. Actually has given me some hope, since the taillights are one of the weakest points of the design, IMO.

getinthere said:
That could be it then. By brightening the pic it made the rear look different.
I think the original giant LS1Tech watermark that was put on there in the first place really distorted some things visually as far as false shadows from the watermark, etc... the taillamp thing Chris mentioed is a perfect example....

#8 ·
Its a concept...all concepts ride on exaggerated wheel/tire combos. It fills out the fender wells and generally makes a car look more agressive.

Don't expect the real production car to actually have those massive wheels.

#13 ·
1970judge said:
Usually the wheels and tires are so big to fill the fender wells because these concept cars alot of times have no motors in them. But dont want the media to get a shot of it so put some biggons up front to fill the gaps.
The Camaro Concept is supposed to be a full fledged running car...... :)

#14 · (Edited)
Darth Xed said:
The Camaro Concept is supposed to be a full fledged running car...... :)
What is your source for this? Is it this thread?

#15 ·
SteveL said:
What is your source for this? Is it this thread?
That is one source, of several.

There was a thread or two over at CamaroZ28.com that stated this as well..... also a few email sources (I don't pretend to have many, glorious sources and know all, but I do have a few that are pretty reliable) ...

#16 ·
I have really been waiting on this car for some time and if thats what its gonna look like I am kinda disappointed. If it weighs 3300lbs and has a 5.3-6.0L V-8 I'll feel a little better.

#17 ·
I think 3300 lbs is unrealistic when you consider a C6 weighs 3100. You're adding length and height, dropping the MSRP way down and using cheaper, heavier materials.

Plus you have a lot of safety regs that are forcing weight up. As long as its lighter than the Mustang I'm happy. That may mean it is 3600 lbs but I'm not going to be one of these people that prounonces the car a failure just because the weight comes in a bit high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.