LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need a muffler with a inlet and dual outlet(correct me if im wrong im still learning Camaros) I found a flowmaster 10 series with that set up but the summit racing site doesn't say it will fit.
I currently have a flowmaster 80 series which sucks IMO.Here is my set up with the 3in exhaust.

And here is the 10 serie flowmaster

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone help me out please? If this will work ill I buy it cause I really dont feel like chopping up a new exhaust to fit a muffler in because I want it loud.I have 10 series on my 89 Foxbody and they sound mean.you just gotta have a good radio lol.thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
900 Posts
only the 80 series will work because of the crossflow design. It has an outlet on both sides with an inlet one side. The 10 series has both outlets on the same side with the inlet on the opposite.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 80 on it now and it sucks.what other options do I have without going full duals or doing a x pipe.im talking about a nice loud mean sounding muffler that bolts in. I only need the muffler everthing else on my system is 3in

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a magnaflow crossflow on mine. Check out how it sounds in this video 95 Trans Am LT1 Winter Start - YouTube or you could always throw in some cutouts if your looking for a mean sound.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How loud are you looking to be ? Because only the 80 is a direct "swap" in.... You theoretically can run the 10 series in the same location but if you want the dual look you have to run a 180 degree Pipe and run it back in front of the muffler and around to the passenger side...... But there are also several other options....SLP loudmouth up on the straight piece then y after...... The options are literally endless

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Can you maybe post some links to these options you're talking about? Im having no luck finding out what I need.idk if its that I don't understand it or I dont know what im looking for.if you can help ill tell you what im looking for and you can tell me my best options sir.The previous owner installed new 3in exhaust so I don't want to mess with that too much.I'm just looking for the loudest muffler I can get(think drag car) I do have a nice Miller mig welder so I can weld ok.im looking for something bolt on which you said the 80s we're The only ones so scratch that idea.as far as having duals id like to run turn downs right past the rear end.can you tell me what muffler ill need and extra pipes I may need.the less cutting and welding the better same goes fot price.im on a small budge I just need to steered in the righ Direction.I dont mind if the tips come out in the center likw a Corvette or turn downs right after the rear end

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alright, well I can pm you in the morning (ready for bed) and we can talk and provide suggestions...Nbd at all Man, I kinda think of exhausts as my specialty lol...and would be glad to help ya

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
That's just a single in/dual out. Works like a Y, as stated not a cross flow like the 80 series where you have an in and out at the same end.

You could always do a 1 out the left with a single in/out set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts