LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the FHP have hi-tech speed equipment now. I was driving in the fast lane, came up on a flashing sign with a toyota in front of it, looked like a cop pulled it over but there was no cop car. When I started to approach it the cop pointed a radar looking device at me. I have advanced detection in the car including laser and nothing went off. Was he bluffing or do they have a non detectable device. I have seen some cops use a binocular looking device.

·
Global Moderator
12,962 Posts
The way technology changes at the speed of light nowadays, unless your detection equipment is brand new, I mean like bought yesterday, the cops have probably added even newer tech to their equipment stock.

And even if you have up to the minute tech, instant on radar isn't detectable until the officer pulls the trigger on the speed gun. The highway patrol in Florida use sleeper cars that officers drive to catch unwary speeders. Cars like a plain white Toyota sedan and other family cars like that.

No matter how good your protection equipment is, if you speed much of the time, you will be caught.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts