LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I rebuilt the carburetor on my chevelle after the whole not idling thing and it's been running great since! But i brought it to my house after having it at my dads to work on and i almost got in the driveway and it seemed like it started loading up/running out of gas and died.. It has half a tank of gas. I went to go start it back up and i could barely hear the fuel pump (usually its pretty loud). I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and went out and it fired right up, but still could barely hear the fuel pump. It's holding pressure right at 7 psi, I was just wondering if this was a sign of it getting ready to go out on me.

It's a holley blue electric fuel pump/regulator. Holley 750 dual feed carburetor.

Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
13,240 Posts
Check the filter sock on the pickup tube in tank. When they get clogged car will run for a while and then act like it's running out of gas. After it sits for a while car will run fine and the cycle repeats itself.

But keep an eye on the fuel pump also. Aftermarket electric fuel pumps for carb cars are notorious for not lasting a long time. Might want to carry a spare with you just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts