LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the cecil for the first time with my car sat. My best run was a [email protected] with a 2.18 60 foot. I couldn't get the car to hook I made 6 runs 5 of the 6 had 2.3X 60 foots.That 102mph was my lowest the rest were 103 and 104s.My car is stock with slp options and its a 6 speed.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Do you know what the altitude is at that track? The MPH seems low for an LS1 but I think anything under 2.20 60ft in an M6 on street tires is good.

Now you're hooked for life!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the track elevation is 320 ft didn't see anything about altitude. The 102 was my lowest 1/4 speed but it had my higest 1/8 at 81.4. My car is a vert though if that makes a difference in mph.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nice launches...like Chris said, you should be able to squeeze a bit more MPH out of it....especially at that altitude.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea Im going to get some different tires though Im running kumho ECSTA Supras and all they do is spin. Whats weird I got it so it would hook really good on the street but at the track all it wanted to do was spin. I was thinking about getting some drag radials but Im kinda scared of braking the rear.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
As long as you aren't just dumping the clutch the 10 bolt should be fine on drag radials.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
RubberBurningSS said:
Yea Im going to get some different tires though Im running kumho ECSTA Supras and all they do is spin. Whats weird I got it so it would hook really good on the street but at the track all it wanted to do was spin. I was thinking about getting some drag radials but Im kinda scared of braking the rear.

You should be fine on Nitto's. Air them down to 16-18 PSI cold and launch around 2k.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
RubberBurningSS said:
Yea Im defiantly Nittos as my next street tire I just have to use up the old ones first :devil:
get a friend and get some good video of you "using" up the old rubber, and pm it to WRECK on efa, that will land you in the next fbody vidoe he puts together :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
i went to the track my first time as well about two weeks ago..i ran a 13.77 at 104 but my 60' was only a 2.238 and i bogged badly off the line. I know with a better launch i could easily get a low 13..next time i go i will try launching a lil harder because this time i was only launching at like 1500

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey jaberwaki i have a video of my camaro right before i was pickin up some new tires. Its 20 second of pure burnout, it actually took out some of the asphault lol. But theres plenty of smoke and plenty of tires marks with it if you need something for your video!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
RubberBurningSS said:
I went to the cecil for the first time with my car sat. My best run was a [email protected] with a 2.18 60 foot. I couldn't get the car to hook I made 6 runs 5 of the 6 had 2.3X 60 foots.That 102mph was my lowest the rest were 103 and 104s.My car is stock with slp options and its a 6 speed.

Just when you thought the neighborhood was safe:poke: :clown:
Yes, I am lookin' forward to a burnout contest (not clutch) right B4 I get the Nittos.
Your car is a slow turd:eek: :D (Like I am one to talk)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts