LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's corny I know... As you can imagine I was on cloud 9 after it started so seemlessly..

Trick flow 185. Cai. Tb bypass.. headers, slp exhaust , off road y. 1.6 rr. Comp lifters , arp hardware. Comp cam. Pcm for less tune , etc..

Hope its as fast as it sounds

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just that red corrugated sheathing..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice! What a good feeling to have it start up on the first try. Sounds great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
sweet

Your car sounds great!! How is it running and do you feel the combo to be reliable? Also did you need to remove the engine to do the heads/cam work? How was it installing headers? When did u have it tuned and how was the cam install on the factory bearings? What was the hardest part of your project and how long did it take you? Sorry for the interrogation lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoping its pretty reliable.. i won't know that for a year I suppose.. but I would expect it to be reliable I couldn't see why not. I'm sure ill destroy My rear diff but thats me, not the engine setup.. then it'll be time for a 9.. I did remove the engine, but I wanted to clean My bay, and new oil pump and oil pan gasket and rear main... So i just figured yank it, it was more work but I painted the block and found a wire worn through, and got 15 years of gunk cleaned. Could have easily done heads n cam with it in the car, with rad/condensorremoved. once you get enough room to stand in the bay its not hard to work on. As for bearings, mine Were all in good shape, My car only has 59k so I didnt replace but IDE say that's personal preferance and milage and condition. . As for headers.. gotta have the engine in and rock engine one side at a time. Driver side in from top, pass in from bottom.. hope i amswereed everything.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pcm for less tune.. its running great.. except I got a throttle issue I gotta look into., and of course I won't even get to test drive it for 2 more months when the snow melts.. it took me about 2.5 mo from start to finish. But took My time.. its winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts