LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finshed by rebuild on my car and now I have problems keeping her idling right. Will not having my y-pipe installed yet give me problems with my car idling and flooding out? I had put a fuel pressure gauge on and it reads 35 psi with the key on. After I crank it, it goes to 40 psi then when it starts to stumble and flood it jumps to 45 psi before dying. Would my fuel pressure regulator be out?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Sounds like the regulator is bad. Start the car and take a pressure reading with the vacuum tube on and then pull it off (of the regulator). It should read 30 something at idle...if there's no change then you're getting full 43.5psi at idle (same as WOT) and its flooding out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and now the psi readings seem to be within spec. But she still seems to be flooding and hard to keep idling sometimes. Sometimes she idles smooth. I tried to take it down the road and I hard to feather the gas, also when feathering the gas it would cut out and die. Any ideas???

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
What size injectors? Is the injector constant set right in the tune? Thats something you have to play w/ at p/t and idle. Can't just set it at 30#s for 30s like you would think... Well you can and tune other tables, but its easier to tune p/t using the constant. Opti good? You might want to try and change plugs to see if they are fouled out by the car getting that much fuel... I would start there and see if it runs better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am going to install my y-pipe and pull the plugs and clean them today after work and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Something to think about, what kind of vacuum are you pulling?? If you're not pulling crap for vacuum, your FP Regulator isn't going to have enough vacuum on it causing you to run at a higher than normal idle fuel pressure. I've been dealing with the same thing.

Other than that, verify that you're tuned for your injectors, that your Canister purge system isn't malfunctioning, and get the exhaust closed up and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts