LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday was a time trial and jackpot race day as part of a 2-day end-of-summer-season race. I signed up for both jackpots offered, made it through 3 rounds of the 1st when they started running the 2nd (put the 1st one on hold to run 2 rounds of the 2nd). In the 2nd round of the 2nd jackpot, I did my burnout and when I hit the brakes, my drinking water bottle, which had a flip top, flew off the passenger seat, hit the floor, and opened up with the top facing down. I had just refilled it before going to the staging lanes, and it pretty much emptied itself before I could retrieve it. After we staged, the starter looked under the car, made a "cut" motion, I started to back out of the beams when my lights started down and they motioned for me to go! I wasn't in gear, I ratcheted it down to 1st while the green light came on, cut a wonderful 1.562 light, the right rear tire hit the water which dripped out the door for a wonderful 2.524 60' (it had been running 1.905-1.910 60's in 7 previous runs today), and the 10.92-dialed opponent, with his .144 light slowed and took the win light.

It had been a hot and dry day, and having been out at the track since 7 a.m. (this was at about 7 p.m.), I really was thirsty when I headed for the staging lanes.

Oh, well, tomorrow I will have a drinking bottle with a screw-on cap...

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I went out in the 4th round, the first money round. Not sure how much that will be, they're mailing out checks this week. The payout is 80% of entry fees.

I expect the check to be something on the order of the entry fee or less.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sometime you just can't win, my worst was I passed through the staging lights backed up put the car in nuetral and then tried to launch in nuetral not a good pass.

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
I was running in a V6 event about a month ago. Qualifying was done on a sportsman tree and elims were a a surprise pro tree. When I did my burnout I let out of it a lil late and accidently deep staged. It was a IHRA track so not sure about the rules being the same as an NHRA track. So I back up real quick get staged look at the tack to stall it up look up to watch the tree to find it had gone green as I was looking up. I almost chased him back down but was about a fender short

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good running 6 banger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts