LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know this is a simple question, but I have seen 3 different sizes listed online so I figured it was worth asking..
What is stock exhaust sizing for a 97 Trans Am WS6?
Does it have a 2.5" pipe to a 2.5" inlet on the muffler then 2" dual out of the muffler with 2" piping? That seems to be the most common

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
So I know this is a simple question, but I have seen 3 different sizes listed online so I figured it was worth asking..
What is stock exhaust sizing for a 97 Trans Am WS6?
Does it have a 2.5" pipe to a 2.5" inlet on the muffler then 2" dual out of the muffler with 2" piping? That seems to be the most common

Thanks!
2.5 on the pipe and inlet and 2 dual out is stock.

I have a flowmaster catback system on my 93 Z28 that has 3" pipe and 2" duals out - I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
When running a dual exhaust system is it best to just keep them at 2.5"? If so, at what point HP wise is it best to step up to a 3" system?

Joe

·
Registered
172 Posts
When running a dual exhaust system is it best to just keep them at 2.5"? If so, at what point HP wise is it best to step up to a 3" system?

Joe
I don't have an answer for the HP question. True duals can be accomplised but its a pretty tight fit under there - take a look at this thread:

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/lt1-|-l...aust-all-way-back-exploring-some-options.html

there is a pic of what it would look like - Are you going with the stock manifolds, or some shorties or some LT headers?

- you may want to search this forum for "true duals" - this issues has been discussed at great length here on many threads, you'll most likely find your answers...

·
Registered
753 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts