LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I got my Camaro from put all new 3in exhaust on the car but he also put resonators and converters on it which we dont have emissions here.so I want to lose this in favor of a nice loud sounding exhaust.The problem im having is I don't know where to start on this.if it was a Mustang id put a offroad H or offroad X pipe but I don't think camaros have this option.Id use a scanner like a sct tuner to turn the o2's off.What options do I have to remove the cats and turn off the o2's .I also want to do a true dual exhaust with a offroad x or h pipe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that link and checked out some YouTube videos but have another question? The link talks about using long tubes and stuff can I do the X pipe with the stock manifolds?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well of course you can do it off the stock manifolds...worth it? No...a full 3 inch y pipe and exhaust is plenty, have the cats cut out and put in a straight pipe if that's all your worried about..... Otherwise save up for headers (short, mid, long, w/e you decide) then go all out on exhaust......just google and the above search bar the sh** out of exhaust set ups and see what you decide......if you wanna be loud, leave the y and put on a cut out. Simple and cheaper and loud lol.....plus look in the lt1 section (i think) and there's a sticky on exhausts

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
If you just want loud, get the SLP Loudmouth or TSP Rumbler. TSP also has a true dual set up if you just have to he able to say you have true duals. You'll have to mod them a bit to fit an LT and especially if you want to run manifolds. There really isn't a need for them unless you are modded enough to need them. Having had duals, I'd go with a 3.5" single system if I did another big NA build or a forced induction build in a 4th gen.

LT's make a huge difference in sound and power. Why not put the dual cash toward LT's and a tune and make more power too? You already said you don't need cats so go for it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Today im going to jack the car up and see what im exactly dealing with.if its as simple as cutting the cats out and resonators and replacing them with straight pipe then changing the muffler ill go that route.

On my Mustang I have 1 chamber flowmasters a.k.a 10 series.do they make a 1 chamber for a Camaro? I know they sound BA on cars in my opinion

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
A 10 series is a 10 series regardless of which car you put it on. Do they make transverse? No, thats an 80 series. You can put the 10 series in the I, or find a way to put 1 or 2 after the axle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts