LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car failed a leak down test, and I need to replace the engine. I have been looking for engines. Recently, I looked at gmpartsdirect.com. They are a little higher in price. I looked at their "Forum," and the messages have a lot of gripes and complaints about support and customer service. Now, I am leary about buying expensive parts from them.

I am looking for members who have bought a long block from them or anywhere else. What are some good recommendations for purchasing a motor? Who are the trustworthy companies and the best prices? I also need to have it delivered to my home. Any related info and suggestions will be highly welcomed. Thanks. Troy.

·
Global Moderator
13,637 Posts
If I were you I'd stick to a company like Jegs or summit racing.

They both carry GM new engines, and rebuilt engines by various companies.

GM parts direct has a history of poor service, and excessive high shipping costs.

·
Global Moderator
13,637 Posts
Web sites don't always have everything a company stocks. You should call to see if they can get what you need. If worse comes to worse, you might have to deal with GM parts direct.

Keep in mind that v6 engines are not top sellers at high performance parts houses.

I'd try your local Napa parts store. They have people who know their parts. They could most likely get you a good rebuilt 3.8 engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts