LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I do not want to beat a dead horse here as I did some searching just want to see if someone can give me a clearer answer...

I have a 1993 trans am M6. I purchased a 1994 z28 automatic as a parts car for the built engine. I would like to put that motor in my 1993 and swap over the harness and computer since it is already tuned for the motor. I'm going to keep the car M6 so I just wont use any of the wires for the auto tranny. Pretty straight forward?

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
Mostly stright forward. You will need to use fuel lines on engine from your 93 as 94 used different hook up places.

The biggest thing will be the engine harness to body harness hook ups. To help you in your job, go to following link and download the 93 & 94 service manuals. Check the wiring diagrams of both years to see if everything hooks up the same.

Since 93 uses a completely different computer than 94, you'll have to make sure 94 engine wiring will be compatible with your 93 body wiring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly stright forward. You will need to use fuel lines on engine from your 93 as 94 used different hook up places.

The biggest thing will be the engine harness to body harness hook ups. To help you in your job, go to following link and download the 93 & 94 service manuals. Check the wiring diagrams of both years to see if everything hooks up the same.

Since 93 uses a completely different computer than 94, you'll have to make sure 94 engine wiring will be compatible with your 93 body wiring.
From what I've been able to gather looks like only a couple minor differences. I think it was the diagnostic port wire and maybe the fuel pump. I'm pretty optimistic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts