LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
out the bottom with the transmission still attached and just unbolting the k-member is usually a really nice way to go in an f-body.

they're both about the same amount of work in the end, i guess.. take your pick

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just about every swap that I have seen, they have dropped it from the bottom. I believe that's the easiest way on the 4th gen due to the cowl. I dropped mine from the bottom this past summer and it was a relatively smooth process.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
If you need a step by step guide to pulling engine from the bottom, pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send it along to you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've done both... If doing by yourself without an lift I vote top.. then you dont have to mess w k member.. I had rad and condensor out im sure that made it Much easier

·
Registered
494 Posts
honestly id just drop it out the bottom did it last summer just 6 sub frame bolts, strut towers, wires, steering, brake lines only 2, ac condesor, and tranny mount and driveshaft. oh and always remember to drain anti freeze lol.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did it once from top too it was too much of a mess...IMO it was easier and faster from bottom but to each his own... Only thing that bothered me was the long pointy bumper when i did it from top lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts