LS1LT1 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thats the way it should be CKJ,,,keeps the accident prone junk off the roads,,,which is much more important to me than so called pollution.
I would rather see more checks like that to promote safety.
I remember back in the early 70's Cincinnati used to have safety inspections very similar. I don't hear of too many states or cities that still do this anymore,,,but some of the crap you see on the roads,,,it's definately needed. Larry.

·
Registered
592 Posts
CA

A**-rape you and tell you that you can't have anything at all...:mad:

·
Registered
417 Posts
In NY, full inspection. Read from OBD2, inspect all lights, undercarriage, etc

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
FL

No emissions testing at this time. However there is growing support in the state legislature to implement them. We had them years ago and studies done back then showed they made no siginificant improvement in air quality so they were done away with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own two GM trucks with long tubes and straight pipes. One has a set of glass packs and the other is dual Thrush 2s. I've never even been questioned about my emissions in Alabama.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i didn't see South Carolina in the list yet, but we have no emission testing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
NM

no emissions or inspections in New Mexico, except if you live in albuquerque, maybe santa fe, I dont live either place thank God.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I passed in IL with long tubes, ORY and a Loudmouth system. No cats, no EGR, no AIR.

Just as long as you aren't throwing any codes, IL emissions are a breeze to pass. I bet I'll pass with the cam and the duals, too. Car sounds like a dragster.
in wyoming.... there is no emissions at all. Nothing. It may be a little different the closer to the bored of Colorado you get... but im almost positive there are no emissions at all statewide.

·
Registered
89 Posts
UTAH: $17 buys you a permit to get a new yearly registration tag sticker; you need functional wipers, horn, washer, directionals, hazards, brake lights, and "enough" brake lining and tire tread. New registration fee for one year is $65 (used to be $35 last year):homer: motorcycle, car or light duty truck. If your car is newer than a certain year, you pay an incremental "luxury tax" up to an extra $150 a year!! Up to this point I have mentioned the statewide requirements. Some counties such as Salt Lake and Davis have sniffers and visual inspections on top of the safety, and cost more. Also, you have to go to the state owned liquor store to get full alcohol beer and any wine or booze. The state makes a killing off of real alcohol, and the population of this state is currently 50% Mormon, that is not supposed to drink at all, plus these stores are CLOSED ON MAJOR HOLIDAYS when you want some alcohol....! :screwy:Lower level alcohol beer, or wine coolers etc. are available at Wal Mart or gas stations. I guess I ended up frustrated over the alcohol quirks rather than the emission. I wish I was in TX again where you could get quart of beer in an ice cold barrel any time at any gas station.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There is no emission testing in Ohio.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wisconsin -

matters on the county, most have no testing but i think there are a few random counties that still have it not sure what they look for since my county (manitowoc) has absolutely no testing :)

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
in wyoming.... there is no emissions at all. Nothing. It may be a little different the closer to the bored of Colorado you get... but im almost positive there are no emissions at all statewide.
Yes, OBDII is a life saver, but I also meant to mention that DE uses plug n play NOT sniffer for OBDII equipped vehicles w/just a visual inspection for cats. They generally don't hassle you over the positioning, just making sure you actually have them (gutted or not) lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
virginia requires emmissions but the dmv does not. they do a OBDII test, smog test and also a safety inspection. if you have anything from a leak to lights blown so cracked lenses they will hit you on it. you can register your car with no emmisions but its something like 15-30 days and its supposed to be inspected. its somewhere around 100 dollars to inspect and if you fail i think you get one more try and then you pay again. i just went in and got plates and new title in hand and didnt even have to show them insurance or inspection paperwork. this was for alexandria area..

41 - 60 of 64 Posts