LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to put together hopefully a state by state emissions guide. So if you could take a second and post a link or any info you have pertaining the emission standards of your state, that would be great.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I passed in IL with long tubes, ORY and a Loudmouth system. No cats, no EGR, no AIR.

Just as long as you aren't throwing any codes, IL emissions are a breeze to pass. I bet I'll pass with the cam and the duals, too. Car sounds like a dragster.

·
Registered
221 Posts
in wyoming.... there is no emissions at all. Nothing. It may be a little different the closer to the bored of Colorado you get... but im almost positive there are no emissions at all statewide.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
baddogz28 said:
I passed in IL with long tubes, ORY and a Loudmouth system. No cats, no EGR, no AIR.

Just as long as you aren't throwing any codes, IL emissions are a breeze to pass. I bet I'll pass with the cam and the duals, too. Car sounds like a dragster.
Yes, OBDII is a life saver, but I also meant to mention that DE uses plug n play NOT sniffer for OBDII equipped vehicles w/just a visual inspection for cats. They generally don't hassle you over the positioning, just making sure you actually have them (gutted or not) lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pennsylvania: http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/

This is actually a first post for me because I followed the link in a LT1_Edit mail list posted by Chris Renner while looking for emissions information :thumbsup: In a few moments, a 9C1 Caprice I bought from out of state will be going on the tester and I am just reading up in case it doesn't go well. Had to ghetto a secondary AIR system to pass the visual, but fortunately the complete stock exhaust and EGR are still in place.

·
Supporting Member
4,682 Posts
So, OBD2 is better than OBD1 for cheating the system?

I'm moving to WA Tacoma area soon and am tryign to figure out how to pass my LT, !cats !EGR !AIR !Green trees, but I have an OBD1 PCM.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
OBD2 is better because there's no tailpipe test. Its worse because you can't just gut all your emissions equipment and some tuning is needed to turn off various codes, etc.

You'll have to go back to OBD2...all 96+ cars have to get the OBDII test, and when you pull in and they can't get a read on your PCM you will be failed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dang, i'm getting close to my car being due.

I have no problem with my computer passing. I just hope they don't look too hard for the cats. :eek:

·
Supporting Member
4,682 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
OBD2 is better because there's no tailpipe test. Its worse because you can't just gut all your emissions equipment and some tuning is needed to turn off various codes, etc.

You'll have to go back to OBD2...all 96+ cars have to get the OBDII test, and when you pull in and they can't get a read on your PCM you will be failed.
Ah crap, that's going to be a mess to get OBD2 back in the car. Can I simply turn off the codes with LT1Edit?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts