LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Were talking about 3,000 ppm of hydrocarbons here. Engine is a 96 LT1 with an A4 and an AI 226/234 110 LSA cam in it, long tube headers with brand new cats straight after the collectors. I know passing emissions with this cam is a stretch, but this crazy?... Anyone have any ideas? Ran the tank down to empty and put a gallon of denaturated alcohol and it brought it down a tad but nothing even close to legal.

Here's a second by second of the report: http://www.aircare.ca/testdetails.php?tt=1&datetime=2013-05-04%2016:47:04&id=230870&gb2

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There is no way around it. Overlap pushes unburned fuel into the exhaust. Put the stock cam back in if you want it to pass.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah kind of figured as much lol but I figure it's worth a shot as the website says it'll pass in some States.

Long story short the stock cam and a few of the lifters saw some really bad wear and led to some worrying knocking in the engine which turned into a rebuild, or I would have just gone when the stock cam was in. But I guess buying a stock cam just for emissions is looking like plan b..

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Look on craigslist for a stock cam. You should be able to find one at a reasonable price. Go out from your home area, as far as, your willing to drive. Search every day as new stuff gets listed all the time. I use "lt1" as my search query. It brings good results.

Also right before you go for re-test, change your oil and filter.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have a stock 94 cam spline opti drive. Don't know if it will work for you, but pay shipping and its yours.

Never mind saw yours is a 96.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts