LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any knowledge of replacing the emissions system. It was completely removed from my vehicle. How hard is it to put things back together? Anybody

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Depending on model and year there are 3-4 systems that people remove or disable (Air pump, EGR, EVAP, Cat's). Unfortunately none really buy a lot of performance and can cause problems selling or when relocating to a testing geography. Need your year and model info. R U trying to get it emission tested ? If stuff was yanked and thrown out it could get expensive replacing it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 94 Trans AM. Looks like the smog pump was yanked out. it has the cats and evap still there.

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
We have 2 resources to help you. Both in 4th gen section. First the 4th gen parts book which will have exploded views and part numbers.

Then we have the factory 94 service manual. Look for thread titled "GM service manuals.

Now for missing parts. I would look on craigslist. Expand your search as far as your willing to drive. Look for people parting out 4th gens. They probably won't list emission stuff, so you will have to contact sellers and ask if they have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts