LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EEHACK is stuck on connecting first time trying it out so hoping it is something simple that I am overlooking. I am trying to scan my 1994 25th Anniversary Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GT. I made a homemade ALDL cable using FTDI FT232RL USB and a 12 pin OBD1. I was successful scanning using Garys Scan9495. I am using windows 10 on mac with Parallels.

I tried a few things such as: turning engine off and then trying to initiate EEHACK connection, switching between laptop usb ports, I tried compatibility mode to windows 7....

In the log file:
---
SERIAL: Discarded serial echo.

READ: *F45608AE

DATASTREAM ERR: Timeout waiting for incoming packet.

DATASTREAM ERR: No reply.

DATASTREAM: Attempting to become bus master...
---

Like I said Scan9495 worked flawlessly with a good data rate.

I seen no settings to which you select your vehicle type on EEHACK so I could be missing something. Am I supposed to enter the vin number and cal id or does this do it automatically. Hopefully someone is familiar with this issue. Thank you.

·
Global Moderator
13,506 Posts
Try a PM to Steveo. He wrote the program and can answer your questions better than I. He doesn't come on line very often. But, if memory serves me, he has an eehack site on the web.

Have you tried running program as administrator? And running in compatibility mode. I believe eehack was made to run on XP or win 7.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there thank you for your reply. I will give Steveo a PM.

I tried all sorts of combinations with eehack, and the same goes for tuner cats, win flash and etc... only scan9495 works for me. Thank you.

·
Global Moderator
13,506 Posts
Find out what comm port that scan9495 uses to communicate with PC. You may have to go into the other program and change the comm port to the one that works for scan9495.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I tried many combinations for way too much time trying to get it to work. I got in contact with Steveo and also GaryDoug to try to find out what is going on. I will for sure post an update to what is the outcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to figure this out. Not all FTDI chips are created equal. My problem was in the cable apparently there is a difference between a square FTDI chip and a rectangle one. The rectangle one works for programming. I was able to download my bin file and use other programs with the new cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts