LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Het guy my 94 Camaro has lt headers 58mm tb ported heads cai ? is the car is not tune I was running the car checking for exuast leaks. I Took the car for a drive about 30 min. got home turn off car its was sitting for about 45min. Went to start the car it wont start. check fuses found ecm fuse burn out. install new fuse and she runs fine could it be that ecm not tune and it working hard to adjust ever thing that why it burn out or is the ecm going bad. I don't want to send a bad ecm out to get tune please help

·
Global Moderator
13,700 Posts
Pcm blowing fuse is more likely due to a bare wire touching metal, a bad sensor, poor ground making it draw more power. It works just as hard when the proper tune is installed.

Every single wire on all 4 pcm connectors is a potential source for a short, or open connection. Each sensor can potentially become shorted or open also.

Pcm used in these cars is a rugged piece of electronics that rarely fails. Only suspect the pcm after all other sources for failure have been explored.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.