LS1LT1 Forum banner

eclipse GSX

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  93z34 
#1 ·
was looking for the "kill stories" forum but couldn't find one...I think this is right.

I pulled out of Denooyer Chevrolet and this silver eclipse GSX gets on it next to me, I hear his huge BOV and take a look at the car. Very tastefully modded--nice set of graphite rims and no huge fart can, just a quieter muffler. He's also got three gauges on the pillar, but of course that means nothing in terms of performance. I don't think it was a stock turbo, but who knows. So we both head down Stadium Dr. at about 60. I was going to work so I had to turn left on 9th street and he was going straight. I give a rev as I go past so then he switches lanes and decides to go left :) We get out in front of a car and are goin about 45 mph. I hear him drop a gear, has the jump on me, I drop into 3rd and he only breaks even for about 1/2 a second. I steadily pull away, more quickly the more time passes. Probably had a car on him at 75. We both shut it down at 80 and both said "nice car" as he drove past. In hindsight I probably could have dropped into 2nd and really blown his doors off, but oh well.

This wasn't too fair of a race, but it's my first in honestly 2 years so I had to post it. What does a stock GSX hardtop run, low 14s? And seeing as it's a hardtop, is it AWD? Edumucate my ignorant self, please :dontknow:

See less See more
#3 ·
they are a 14 sec if u launch it hard. they can be made fast though, and still be a sleeper. i wouldn't mind having 1, keep it looking stock, even the exhaust, but have a cutout in the downpipe.

#4 ·
GSX

i have my 99 TA as well as 3 turbo eclipses. One of which is a GSX. They are mid 14's stock but can be made really fast. My GSX is running High 10's making almost 600 hp to the wheels (2.3 liter stroker, big turbo, standalone ECU, everything). So watch out for eclipses they can suprise you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.