LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run E15 in my 1994 vette? Will it damage the engine or will it be fine.

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
The more alcohol in the gas blend, the more chance of getting water absorbed out of the air. Also alcohol eats rubber parts in the fuel system.

So while running more alcohol in the fuel technically doesn't hurt the engine, the water in the fuel and dissolved rubber will. At least in the long run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it hurt it anymore than normal gas? All gas around me is 10% ethanol.

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
The more alcohol in the fuel the quicker rubber parts will degrade. If it were me I'd find a station that sold non ethanol fuel. It costs more, but it's usually 90+ octane.

I live in a town with about 20,000 people and we have several places that sell non ethanol fuel. I'm thinking you could find at least 1 place where you live that sells it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more alcohol in the fuel the quicker rubber parts will degrade. If it were me I'd find a station that sold non ethanol fuel. It costs more, but it's usually 90+ octane.

I live in a town with about 20,000 people and we have several places that sell non ethanol fuel. I'm thinking you could find at least 1 place where you live that sells it.
Is there a way to convert my engine to run ethanol?

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
I don't know if ethanol resistant rubber parts are made for a 94 corvette. But I do know that racers that use alcohol fuel use rubber parts that resist alcohol.

I guess if you search enough, you can find the rubber hose. But you would have to get the end fittings fabricated.

You should also drain your fuel tank once a year to get the absorbed water out of it. Unless you live in a dry climate like New Mexico, Arizona, etc. Then once every 3 years would do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts