LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive checked through many threads but havent jumped through the flow chart just yet.

Ive never had running problems or hard starts like most common symptoms witb dtc36
Car has had maybe 40 miles on it since january due to ongoing trans problems and being ripped out several times since then.

Drove my car around some today datalogging trans data for my transmission problem
Used datamaster to clear dtc's for tps that set a week ago and cranked the car. And it spun more than normal before cranking. Drove away then check engine light came on a block down tge road setting dtc36. Laptop died before i got to save my log :/

Is it possible the long start was from clearing the codes and cranking too shortly after?

Ive since cleared codes with free scan instead and cranked it a few times and drove it around the parkinglot with no further codes. Trans needs to cool off before i can drive it more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd wiggle the wires on the opti connector, while running to see if that brings on dtc 36 or 16.
K Ill check that out soon. I know the harness is covered in oil from the front crankshaft seal leaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts