LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am almost positive that i can run a 75 dry shot on stock rings and pistions right? and any ideas on where to mount the bottle???

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
ive heard of people spraying 125 on a stock motor consistantly with no problems

how big of a bottle, 10 lbs. fits in the spare tire spot, and ive heard that a 2 1/2 lbs. bottle will fit under the sail-panel speaker with room to put the speaker back in

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i didnt think of that, does it fit with the spare in too? and should i just bring it to a shop and the the whole kit installed or should i do it myself? i have been working on sbc's for years now but nothin with nitrous.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ihaterice said:
ya i didnt think of that, does it fit with the spare in too? and should i just bring it to a shop and the the whole kit installed or should i do it myself? i have been working on sbc's for years now but nothin with nitrous.
No you want be able to fit both the spare and the bottle in there. If you have any mechanical know how I would just install it yourself. I had never delt with nitrous intill I installed my kit and I'm glad I did it myself.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks for the help it will be a while llike 6 months before i can get it but i might start a thread if i need help with installation.

·
Registered
227 Posts
nostyta said:
No you want be able to fit both the spare and the bottle in there. If you have any mechanical know how I would just install it yourself. I had never delt with nitrous intill I installed my kit and I'm glad I did it myself.
if your lookin for a stealth setup, and can afford another rim to cut up, you can fit 2 10 lb bottles hidden. you get the extra spare tie and cut about 1/3 out of it (and the tire), maybe a little more. then you install the bottles and lines and put the tire cover back over.

i have pics if you want em i dunno how to host them. if ive learned anything from street racing is how to make a complete sleeper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh hell ya im all about sleepers. the only thing that might give it away is the SLP Loudmouth.... but probably not if u figure out how to post a pic i would like to see how u have it done.

·
Registered
227 Posts

there ya go. we hooked up to arm it when you put the rear defrost on and the horn will purge it.. rear defrost still works also

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats sick, but i have a hatch.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you have a hatch you simply cut the bottom out of a plastic tool box and set it over your nitrous setup!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i never look for the bottle anyways... i look for the lines ;)

nitrouse HAS to get in the intake (unless direct port) there is only a few places to hide em

·
Registered
38 Posts
that is sweet snakeoilperformance..

my idea was to get a sub box for where the T tops are at, and put it under the T tops... and I thought I was the only one that was going to use the defrost as the arm :)

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Jaberwaki said:
i never look for the bottle anyways... i look for the lines ;)

nitrouse HAS to get in the intake (unless direct port) there is only a few places to hide em

:werd: Just check for those braided lines.

·
Registered
221 Posts
who cares if it is hidden or not.,.. run what ya brung... or dont race

·
Registered
221 Posts
gettinthere said:
Try racing around here and see how far that gets you. ;)
lol... iseen that video on the net that you shown... great stuff... lol

If i had a LS1... and the racing was as big here as there... i would hide the bottles in the front bumper... and use the "Money Maker" kit.. completly stealth and hidden. There is no way in hell they would know you are on the bottle.

here it is... adjustable from 35-300 hp... and cost is $800.. i believe it is direct port too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts