41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
And dont forget a good suspension set up goes along ways to

·
Registered
861 Posts
Im guessing ur probably still on the stock 10bolt id becarful with sticky tires and 4.10s

·
Registered
861 Posts
You normally just buy a bolt in rear like a moser or dana 60 instead of beefin up the 10 bolt

·
Registered
240 Posts
Building a rear end from scratch is beyond the capability of all but a handful. You can't just take a (now rare) junkyard 12 bolt and put it in your car. There are brackets that have to be cut off, new ones to be made and welded on, gears and bearings to install, etc. etc. So, most of us just buy one that's already had all that done to it. Going this route makes the swap a one day evolution for most. Plan on somewhere around $3k for it, though. What you get for the money is 100% brand new components, including the housing that is stronger than anything GM, Ford or Mopar ever produced for use in a car. The other plus is you get to customize it the way you want before it's delivered. Want longer wheel studs? No problem. Narrowed housing? No problem. Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
861 Posts
In what ur current rear end

·
Registered
861 Posts
I dont think it really matters what gear u run with a sticky and an m6 the rear is prone to grenade if it were me id save the money ud spend in swapping gears and order a rear end with the gears u want in it. And it depends are u wanting to drag race alot thats y i dont go to the track not until i save enough money for my dana 60 and all the suspension

41 - 52 of 52 Posts