LS1LT1 Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I haven't posted in the last two weeks but here's an update. Two Wednesdays ago, I got put out in the semi-final round with a breakout. I dialed an 11.24 and ran a .23 with an 8 I had a .528 light too. The other guy had a good light and ran .02 off his dial so it was a close one. Oh well.

Then last night, I got put out in the second round by cutting a horrible .670 light. That's how to lose one in a hurry. I'm still leading the points in the footbrake class so I guess I'm not going to complain. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a weekend free a few weeks ago and got rained out. Been so busy I took the car off the trailer and put it back into the garage. It's going to be at least 3 weeks before I can even think of hitting the track and then its a maybe thing.

You need to let go of the late light and step up next week. Keep a positive attitude. Like a pitcher who just threw a home run ball. Relax, let it go, and strike out the next batter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yea, I know that's what has to happen. Usually when I get back out there, it all works out. Drag racing is therapy!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Two weeks ago we got rained out but last Wednesday night I did okay. I red lit in the semifinal round but I'm pleased with the first three rounds. All three were dead on my dial and had decent RT's. I beat two really good competitors and had a bye in the second round. The fourth round was on my dial also, even though I redlit. This is the first time ever I ran that well and was able to estimate my dial. I started with a 11.36 in the first and second round, changed it to an 11.35 in the third and dialed a 11.33 in the fourth. The car is dead on.

I changed the oil a couple of weeks ago. I'd started the year (in February) with 5W-30 on the new engine. I'd noticed the oil pressure was slightly lower than usual at startup and thought I'd replace the oil with 10W-40. The pressure is definitely much higher at startup and after it warms up. Since then, however, the car has slowed down almost .1 second I went from 11.20's to 11.30's but, the weather has also become much warmer. Could the different viscosity oil slow the engine or is it just a coincidence since it's gotten so hot and humid. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hey guys, just resurrecting this old thread that somehow got lost a few years ago. Seems like last time I posted, I was halfway through my first season of drag racing my 75 nova with a stroked LT1, 383, carbed, MSD distributor, Victor Jr intake, powerglide and Ford 9 inch. Well I finished the 2011 points season in second place just 2 points behind the leader. I then went on to finish the 2012, 2013 and 2014 racing seasons at Gulfport Dragway with back to back to back points championships in footbrake. Three in a row. I've gotten a best ET of 10.74 at 122 MPH out of it on a cold november night and it's held up pretty well for four full racing seasons. LT1's ROCK!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts