LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 z28 6spd 116k miles. new clutch and pressure plate for $8436. havent got to test drive it yet but just wanting some input on if this is a good deal or pass. disregard the fugly wheels and bra. :lol:

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Can't say about your area, or if it's from private party or dealer, but here in Florida a car with that mileage and general condition, from a private party, would sell for about a grand less. If dealer, of course more, but I stay away from dealers as most will hit you with $300-$400 more in dealer fees on top of the price, tax, tag & title.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is that an SS hood?

Thing is, if you drive it and like it, you`ll justify spending more than you kinda wanted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree , i look around at ta s and z s everyday. Also in Florida. Z28s go for much than Trans Am s. U could get a clean ws6 for that price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
first of all just because it's the same engine doesnt mean the same performance and both do not dyno the same numbers. But getting back to the question, the main difference is the horsepower and a little torque since i have had both. The Stock 2001 Z has 310hp and the SS as 325 hp both were increased 5 hp in 2001. The 15 more HP in the SS is from the forced air induction package offered by SLP which was stock on SS and optional on Z28. The SS also had a ram air type cowl induction hood which was also stock but an option on the Z28. I chose to keep my SS mainly because you don't see many and Z28 just don't get the looks a good SS does. Bottom line it's personal preferance but the SS is faster.
------------
Spam deleted!

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
first of all just because it's the same engine doesnt mean the same performance and both do not dyno the same numbers. But getting back to the question, the main difference is the horsepower and a little torque since i have had both. The Stock 2001 Z has 310hp and the SS as 325 hp both were increased 5 hp in 2001. The 15 more HP in the SS is from the forced air induction package offered by SLP which was stock on SS and optional on Z28. The SS also had a ram air type cowl induction hood which was also stock but an option on the Z28. I chose to keep my SS mainly because you don't see many and Z28 just don't get the looks a good SS does.]
Not sure what this has to do wih the original post, but the info is mostly false. The SS does have "ram air", but it is highly inefficient and 99% marketing. Ram air is in NO way forced air. There is NO cowl induction on a 98-02 SS. The SS does have a little different exhaust. Still not enough to make a difference on a dyno. I've watched many Z and SS dyno back to back when dyno days were common. They put down the same numbers unless you have an SLP optioned SS. They also run the same at the track with the same gearing. The added HP numbers are all marketing too, just like the base C5 being rated higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts