LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 z28 and I hit a deer last night doing 60mph the whole front bumper is destroyed so I was wondering if a 93-97 bumper off a 6 or 8 cylinder camaro fit? If it does I'm going to go take one off and get it painted and put on my car.

·
Global Moderator
13,225 Posts
I take it you mean the bumper cover. Both z28 and regular camaro use the same front cover from 93-97. Same goes for plastic absorber and steel bumper bar.

Info found in 4th gen parts books. Available for download in sticky threads of 4th gen section.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you mean the bumper cover. Both z28 and regular camaro use the same front cover from 93-97. Same goes for plastic absorber and steel bumper bar.

Info found in 4th gen parts books. Available for download in sticky threads of 4th gen section.
Yea it's the cover plastic one I hit a deer last night and it broke it all to pieces. I found this online I think I'm just going to order it.
http://www.carparts.com/details/Chevrolet/Camaro/Replacement/Bumper_Cover/1993/Z28/8_Cyl_5-dot-7L/C010303.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't care about fitment, order that. If you want your car to look good, find a good used one. It will fit like factory.
That's what my friend said he works at a collision shop and said those are hard to fit right in said he would check from his work and see how much he could get me one through them. If it's too expensive I'm going to have to go look around in salvage yards for a used one

·
Registered
406 Posts
i recently baught one of the cheapo bumper covers for my 2000. fit like a champ. had no issues, maybe i just got lucky, but i was impressed with how well it fit , given what ive heard.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i got the cheapest ones i could find on ebay, i got the fenders too.. they all went together really well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
im sure its the exact same thing i baught only on carparts.com vs ebay.. and given they are primered already its nice cuz all you have to do is scuff up and paint it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sure its the exact same thing i baught only on carparts.com vs ebay.. and given they are primered already its nice cuz all you have to do is scuff up and paint it.
Yea I'm going to just order that one and I'm going to get my friend to help me put it on don't know how hard it will be since I never done one before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts