Is DR's or slicks a major mod?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drag radials or slicks is a major mod?

Let's say on a totally stock car....Do you think this should count against a stock car's baseline pass?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great question, masta Moderhater.

·
Registered
612 Posts
they help your times, but i see them along the lines of weight reduction. helps out, but not a HP mod. i think of major mods as i guess LTs, but mainly H/C, nitrous, blower, stroked or bored

·
Registered
482 Posts
You shouldn't be able to run slicks on a stock basline. They have the ability to affect ET as much as any other significant change to a car's setup.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
I don't see them as a major mod. Yeah they have the potential to help you out if you really need the help, but I am not gonna complain about a guy running drag radials w/ the same power I have running faster than me. I just need his drag radials then!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Slicks yes, Drag Radials no. You will always have to replace your tires on a regular basis anyway, so putting some stickier ones on shouldnt count as a mod. Slicks arent street legal so they should count as a mod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anytime you add/remove/change from stock configuration from the factory set up, you have effectively modded your car, that includes removing things from a car that came with from the factory, and is no longer a stock.

Bone stock mean it is in exact condition as it was sold from the factory.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
so becuase i crashed the car and replaced my broken rims with stock ones off a SS, my car isnt stock

and that the gear in the car isnt the stock gear but still a gear that could have been ordered and therefore could have been a stock gear but wasnt on my car means my car isnt stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
The purest definition of stock is unmodified and unchanged from stock configuration, that is about the simplest way I could put it.

But, you could do whatever you want and call it whatever you want, if you want to put all the bolt ons and call it stock, by all means go for it, it doesn't make one iota of difference to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unless you use exactly the same oil, oil filter, air filter, tires ect. your car is not stock. Technically. But IMO, stuff that has to be replaced on a regular basis should not be considered a mod. I do consider removing wieght a mod though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts