LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
97 ss slp camaro m6 t-top black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this car and it is a one owner that was in his 60’s when he bought it new, only went to car shows never seen rain and garage kept. Is it gonna be worth something one day or do I have fun with it?
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

· Registered
3 Posts
I just bought this car and it is a one owner that was in his 60’s when he bought it new, only went to car shows never seen rain and garage kept. Is it gonna be worth something one day or do I have fun with it? View attachment 33096
You need to decide what you want from the car. Is it your daily or a weekend toy? Are you wanting reliability or are you not concerned with breakage? Start with bolt-on's first i.e, cold air intake, exhaust etc. Those can always be undone if you don't like it.

· Registered
97 ss slp camaro m6 t-top black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s just a weekend cruiser not gonna be a daily at all it’s way too nice for that my main thing is does everyone think these cars are gonna go way up in value as most of them are modified and miled out

· Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Jasonbauer8. With bolt-ons, you can return to stock if that is where the value becomes in the future. I had a similar Z28 I bought new in 1996 and sold a little over a year ago. Besides what he suggested, I also added a performance chip, Hurst shifter, CAGS skip-shift, manual fan control, and a couple extra gauges on the A pillar. They stayed on the car when I sold it, but could have been returned to stock.

· Super Moderator
68 Posts
I have a 2002 Z28 with less than 900 miles on it. Been in a garage its whole life. Hasn't run in a lot of years. Not happy about it. Also have a 95 IROC with 99K miles, has a TH400, Strange Dana 60 w/4.30 gears and a spool. It also has been an ornament for years.

· Registered
8 Posts
It’s just a weekend cruiser not gonna be a daily at all it’s way too nice for that my main thing is does everyone think these cars are gonna go way up in value as most of them are modified and miled out
In 60 years when most are gone, they'll be worth as much as they sold for orginally. My 94 Z28 I brought new will be 30 years old next year. The car is in perfect condition but only worth about $12,000.00 to the right buyer.

· Registered
93 Posts
Personally, the value isn't what concerns me with these cars. Worrying about the value means I end up keeping it nice for someone else.

Instead, I daily drive mine like a Toyota. It has been in beer runs, road trips, and as many twisty back roads I can get my tires on. It has been raced on track, broken, and fixed. All the while, it keeps a smile on face. It has been the best anti depressant I have ever had, and no amount of money would be worth losing that. Admittedly, mine already had 170k when I got it, and has 200k. It was never going to be a high value car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts