LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like your typical teeenage thread but please bear in mind what im saying before calling me names. I get along with my parents very well in fact we never argue if we do its a joking around manner i end up telling a joke and we laugh the argument away. When i sold my firebird i got 4900$ i bought my z for 5500$. My dad loaned me 600$. I told i will pay him back aroudn september-october time cuz over the summer i make good money and i wanted to use that good money for mods. When my paychecks fell a little due to the winter months i would get 600$ to him right away hence waitign til october. Well naturally he bugs the hell out of me and gives me hell everytime i buy something for my car. He bought tires for me even though i didnt want them. So my mom said to give him 100$ i didnt have it so i gave him the ONLY 60$ TO MY NAME. Now also his truck has been runnign liek shit. He gets oil changed thats it he never kees up maintenance. So i just decied to pay to get his truck fixed. His truck runs right becaue of me. My dad is the type of guy who yells cuz you left the light on in oru room. Paranoid about money. My mom is a neonatal nurse she makes well into 30$ an hour. My dad had to quit his job to move up here cuz he worked at a chemical plant. Now he works at a cabinet builder place. He makes decent money but it scares him he doesnt make as much as he used to. My mom makes enough money to support our whole family. My dad didnt have a job for a long time (he was a say at home dad). So on to the rest. I got in my accident and my dad said "lets just pay to fix that dent that was already there just to get it out of the way" me:no dad itll cost more jsut get my bumper fixedill fix the dent when i have money of my own. "No ill pay for it its in the shop already might as well get it knocked out of the way while its there" ok but i cant pay for it i dotn have the money. (now folks remember my dad said hell pay for it). the bumper is fixed on that guys tab. My dad said hed pick the tab on the dent and q/p. 322$ he bitches the whole time how he didnt want that fixed. i was like....what....."i told you to not fix your taillight,not repaint your bumper so he coudl cover that dent" basically my dad wanted my car fixed totally for free. So my dad is pissed they repainted my bumper and gave me a new taillight panel. Wait isnt that their job. Matter a fact the progressive lady told him specifically we had to fix it so we couldnt go back on oru word in the future. So now he says i owe him that 322$. Basically i have to give him all oy my paycheck until i get my debt payed off. so i have headers under my bed that will stay under my bed for a long time.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the decision is made after this year of shcool im moving out. We have two houses back home in groves, TX my brother lives in one the other one is a garage apartment we own. I will most likely liveon my own in the apartment. And be going to technical school down there. Ok our house was built in 2000. Its still afairly new house. The whole meadowview estates was recently bilt so we have to work otu a few kinks. The bathtub in MY bathroom leaks like water comes out of the faucet part you no the usual drip drip drip..i told my dad he said dont worry its nto enough to run up our waterbill. Two weeks later. water bill 102$. "how the hell is it that high" i told oyu the faucet it leaks. "YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT" once again........wait......im just kind of sick of my dads paranoia. My mom and dad have ungodly amount of money stashed away. 6figures guys money is the last thing on my moms mind. my dad is just so paranoid and i nor my mother can understand why?. So ends my rant.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I know how you feel man im definetly in big ass trouble now too. Back in april i went to me senior counselor meeting and i had requested to get both of my days out early (we have block scheduling here and that means boths days i would only have 3 periods instead of four). I had all of my classes i needed to graduate and them some. Im graduating distinguished. Well my parents are really hard headed and my mom was like why are you gettin gout early and i said well im already taking 3 pointless classes i dont need you want me to take 2 more. She goes Well if your gonna get out early your not gonna lay around the house your gonna take college classes. I said okay thats fine. The counselor says well sign up now because otherwise you cant get in.I said okay ill take a day off next week and do that. My mom says no you need the money for your car so ill do it. I keep bugging her about it and shes gets really mad one day and blows up so i didn't say anythign else about it. I work my ass of everyday and my mom doesnt have a job. She bitches at me cause i dont do enough. I waked up go to school come home for 10 minutes go to work till midnight go to sleep do it all overagain the next day. On the weekends i work from 10 in the mourning to midnight. Well the day before school starts she says josh im gonna go get you in some classes . I go mom ms jackson (the counselor) said you had to sign up early or i couldnt get in and my mom goes well she doesnt know what shes talking about. So my mom calls and all the classes are full. So she has been bitchion at me nonstop ofr like the last week because Im not in any college classes. It sucks. My dad will be like honey calm down ms jackson told you to register him in april and shell say well i told him to do it and hell say i was sitting right there when you said youd do it. So now she just waits till hes gone then goes on the Bitching Rampages. I know how you feel

·
Registered
190 Posts
Perhaps this is the decision you have made & will carry it out as well. Do your parents know what your plans are?

I think that parents tend to worry over/about anything. Especially when it comes to their children or money.

I know when I moved out I left on good terms with my parents, and they always assured me that their door opens both ways. Living on ones own affords many freedoms, but also much responsibility.

I wish you luck on your moving decision & hope all goes well.

Hope this wasn't too lecture-ish

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm having alittle trouble here...

you cant afford 600 to pay back your dad, but you can afford to live on your own?
I really think you need to sitdown with one of your parents and figure out just how much per month it would cost for you to live on your own, and then if you will be able to afford that...
If they are still going to foot the bill, then you are not living ON your own, your just living ALONE....

I moved out of my folks place when i was 17.... but that was to join the Marines...
since that time life has prooven that it costs ALOT more then i thought back then to live...
Back then i thougt "man if i could just make 50,000 a year i would be living the good life" well i now make 90,000 a year....true i am not hurting or starving, but i aint liven it up with steak and bigsceens everyday either...;)
Just make sure you are ready...really really ready...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea we have had that tlak and the apartment i will be living is is quitw big we own it. So im not paying a house note but i would be paying gas/elec/water. my brother lived in there before i and said it equated to abotu 250$ a month total bills. thats easily affordable with what im making now. I dont find it lecturish i am asking an opinion so i wouldnt ask for it if i was goign to condemn it. My parents said whatever choice i make there dorrs open both ways as well. at first i ws against it because it means less monwey on my camaro. But a wise man i know once said needs before wants.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ok man, look no matter what its going to be cheaper at home.
i owe my parents almost 30 grand, after my car and 2 jet ski's it racked up quick.
but i owe them just about everything i make when i get out of school
i want to move out but its not reachable, im going to be making good money when i get out, but it still will be hard to live.
you have food being profided for you (im assuming) a place to live rent free, and all you have to worry about is modding your car, some people dont have the money to even get the car that you have.
money is a big responciablity. people will like you for it and hate you for it. trust me i know.
be happy with what you have, i understand you want a fast car trust me. i know, i want to buy a new GTO when i get out but its not attianable right now.
i want to move out have a kid and all kinds of things but you have to wait til the time is right if you dont want to struggle.
my parents have a shit ton of money, but im very happy with what i have, and if i only had a V6 camaro, with no mods, i would be happy with that.
im not against you or anything, just think about your desision, are you going to have the money to mod your car if your paying rent, untilities, car paymeny insurance? prolly not.
just think about what your really getting into.
"measure twice, cut once kinda thing"

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah i understand that . Thats what im gettign at. If i did move out ill have to sacrifice my camaro but my other older freidns who did manage to make it say move out dontbe a wuss. Its not like peer pressure or anything its more of a show your parents up kind of thing.. It was more or less an aggravation thread. In the back of my mind i have a steady job with 300-400$ checks. And i have a basically promised job at carmax when i graduate. I would like to pick up my 3 year automechanic course before i move off that way when i did decie to move out i have a degree to support myself. Like i said i started this thread extremely pissed off. But a day later i come to my senses. I always tell ym friends i have no intention on saying haha **** off mom and dad i made it. If i left it would be on good terms just to see if i can make it if i cant id liek a place to crash till i can carry my feet on my own again. Call me a sucker or call me a wuss w/e but bottom line is ill prolyl stay here fr another 3 years or so pay off my dad 900$ and NEVER borrow again. I do however plan to put that camaro in my name when i turn 18 this comign feb. And i also plan to take my parents offer. They have agreed to 6years of colege they will payfor so auto/paintand body/diesel/welding/and SAM. :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
one of the best things i ever learned was...

"Owe no man...."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts