LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to datalog my car today with Datamaster and no dice. I hit record and the next window camy up, I selected the right com port (verified it talks to my car via Cats tuner), gave the file a name and hit start... But it couldnt find my pcm.

Any ideas? What can I try?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yup. wasnt sure if maybe my version was outdated so I went back to TTS website and redownloaded the current version...

Garydougs scan app works, cats tuner works, but datamaster wont connect...

I plug the cord into my USB port and the computer recognises it.
I plug the cord into my cars Diagnostic port.
open datamaster
turn car to acc.
datamaster sees nothing.....
hit record, next menu opens,
select com port 3 since that is what port my cable is on.
hit test and it sees my cable but not my PCM....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Did you really mean "turn key to 'accy" Assume that's a typo as accy position does not supply +12 ignition voltage to PCM. Key has to be in run.. But that would also apply to TC and 9495scan programs. And they work. Have you gone to the OS device manager-Com Ports to verify the com port assigned w/Datamaster running. I know when I run 9495scan (Gary's program) it selects a different com port than TunerPro, but I using a hard wired USB to PCM (ALDL) setup.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for taking so long to respond, was stuck at work for the last couple days, and tomorow morning my family and I are going campng for the weekend, and then I back stuck at work for a week.... Grrrr...

I meant turn car to run. my bad on the mistyping.. I will look into the com port thing tomorrow morning if I get a minute. Otherwise I will have to try it next weekend and will be posting in here again. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so when in doubt, read the included help files... Right there it told me what settings menu to go into and what to change. Some Timing value was default set to 0, when it needed to be at 195. Oops.

So now I started a new thread with my included log in the hopes that someone smarter than I could look at it and tel me a couple things about it. Or if I am even doing the logging thing correctly.

Here is the new thread: Click ME!!!

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts