LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I installed a similar one on my 98 T/A. It is black so I painted it to match the grey interior. It was easy to fasten atop the dash with the supplied glue. I think it looks nearly perfect with very slight misalignment at the right and left ends. Note that this one has a little different shape than your car's.
p.s. I just haven't gotten around to putting some glue under the right end yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks wicked good, and do you pretty much just superglue it down?

·
Registered
772 Posts
The cover came with a tube of silicon adhesive/sealant. You place some adhesive in several places according to the instructions and push the cover down. I just applied it near the rear-most edges so I could use a putty knife to remove it if necessary (not easy, but possible). I actually did remove it later when the paint didn't look good enough from outside (uneven/not enough paint).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But it was a pretty easy install overall? how long did it take?

·
Registered
772 Posts
The actual installation was very easy, maybe 10 minutes. I left some small bricks on top over night to make sure it was set.
The hard part was painting the cover first and getting it to match. I had to try two Firebird grey interior paint colors and had to apply several coats to get it even. I used the exact process for paint prep in the instruction sheet and paint sheet..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome ill be doing that in the next month my interior is already black so i shouldn't have to paint anything

·
Registered
772 Posts
For anyone who needs to paint these, here is what i used: SEM Soap #39362, SEM Plastic and Leather Prep #38353, and SEM Classic Coat spray paint

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
For an alternative to a cap, check the appearance section for the thread "dash pad fixed" It shows how to restore the original dash pad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts