LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to see what folks have done to their rides that isnt common and mainstream. From the engine bay to the exaust, lets see what you guys have done to make your car unique! :)

guess ill kick it off

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You guys are posting some pretty sick engine mods! Keep it going! I always love to see custom powder coating work on the engine block. Really makes the engine bay and motor stand out. Anyone rattle canned their intake or block or is everyone going with powder coating????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Powder coated everything I could. I want more stainless steel bolts now though. The rusty black oxide look isn't getting it for me, lol.

lol, dude it still looks good though! I dig the TB, dont see to many TB's that are red adn black

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
58mm? Or 52?

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
My block and timing cover are rattle canned. I wish it looked half as good as it did then. I have to seriously overhaul in there and get some shine back. The worst is the damn stainless headers but I hear oven cleaner works on them pretty good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I wish I would have gone with stainless headers. I got some pacesetter's painted black. That paint lasted about 50 square blocks lol. My headers look like dalmation dogs with black spots and white spots all over them. I guess eventually all of the paint will burn off. What do you guys suggest for repainting? THe factory paint burnt off pretty quick. WOuld header paint do the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought ceramic coated headers and after a few years they are starting to flake off also, Im waiting on my cluth a spec 3 to put it back together take a look at it 97 camaro detailing - YouTube

man, thats alot of detail work you did to the under carriage! Nice paint job too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks im trying to drive it this year haven't drove it in 2 years I love this car fun to drive I have a couple more cars that I drive in the summer I got a 69 Camaro ,87 gn, 87 turbo t, 92 typhoon, but the 97 Camaro its my favorite

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks im trying to drive it this year haven't drove it in 2 years I love this car fun to drive I have a couple more cars that I drive in the summer I got a 69 Camaro ,87 gn, 87 turbo t, 92 typhoon, but the 97 Camaro its my favorite

Thats quite a collection of rides you got there! If you ever need to let a place to keep your GN or 69 camaro let me know lol.

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
G2Z28, very nice work... I swapped my rear end to another 10 bolt the other day and was looking under my chassis and wishing I had the time to redo it... You gave me some inspiration. I didn't work on mine last winter, mostly because I was sick of it, I also promised myself that I wouldn't work on it all summer unless I had to. So far so good! But now I'm getting the itch to do something different with the car, lol. I have a couple big plans for the car this winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts