LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some kind of flow issue with my EGR system on my 96 LT1 firebird formula. I've looked over the system as much as I can, but I can't seem to find the dang problem. I replaced the EGR valve already, since the car has 120k on the odometer and I was thinking that the EGR valve itself is probably just old.

But I'm getting no vacuum coming out of the very top hole on the EGR valve. Would that spot be pulling vacuum? Also I have longtube headers, but I don' think that this is the type of system where that would matter. Not sure though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I have not. I will check those out and try them and report back what I find out. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to seem like I give up to easy but screw it man. I've been working on this problem for two days and can't find it. I know a guy that will delete the code permanently from the computer and it will no longer look for EGR flow. Then I'll just rip all that crap out of there like so many other people do. Buncha garbage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do the newer emissions programs check for EGR system readiness? I took my wife's volvo to get an inspection and the check engine light was on. So I cleared the codes in the parking lot and they hooked up to the OBD2 port and said they couldn't check it because their computer said the "system wasn't ready".

If I have the guy delete all the EGR stuff from my computer, will it still say system ready when I go to get the car inspected? Its only a 96 so maybe I can get by with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts