LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a 94 z28 with edelbrock hearders,flowmaster single out catback, CAI, and a jet chip. i told him he could get 10-15hp from a cut out, would it be a good idea for his car and will give it the power i said or am i getting his hopes up. thanks.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
15 prolly on a stock exhaust, don't know if he'd get it with the flowmaster though. I'm confident he'd pick up at least 8rwhp and maybe 10 though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope I can pull about 10hp more form the car after my cutout.... I'll know as soon as I get my car fixed :mad: . Something in the valvetrain let go yesterday so it looks like the valvecovers will be coming off :dontknow: . Hopefully nothing big.....

I have talked to many people that get about 10hp out of a cutout.... even one guy that pulled 10hp from a cutout and only lost 1hp after running through a GMMG exhaust (GMMG obviously flows very well :thumbsup: ). That makes me want a GMMG bad!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have dual 3"'s on my Y-pipe, and seems to offer better performance in the upper rpm band, but w/o dyno #'s to support this, it is just a feeling as compared to the closed position.

The more the mods, the greater the potential

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we will find out how well it works after today. were going down to get it installed later today. ill let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the cut out was installed and it sounds sweet. its not real loud on the inside like my car but on the outside its pretty loud. id reccomend it if your tight on the green.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
My duals rattle my console, and sounds almost like dumps (minus the cats)

A single will still provide you a nice deep note..........;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I pull an electric cut out valve on my Borla. I hated swapping those plates. With the flick of a switch I open it up. Poeple trip out...

The Butt dyno says there is an increase in HP. Don't know how much...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts