LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok I have read all the pages I have been able to find about upgrading to the ctsv 4 piston front calipers. All posts state the following, change to ls1 spindles, acquire new brake lines that are longer, either use washers to space caliper to center over the Z06 rotor or use a 2010 Camaro SS rotors and get the hub hole enlarged to fit the 4th gen hub.

Both options call for a spindle change and the use of a 14 inch rotor, as well as finding the proper space if needed to re-mount your wheel without interference be it a spacer or adapter. I theorize that since the caliper mounting holes on the LT1 and LS1 are the same "spec" (only difference is that the LS1 spindle pushes the caliper further out to accommodate the larger LS1 rotor)

Should it not be possible to directly bolt the CTSV caliper to the LT1 spindle and then utilize a 13 inch rotor (like a c5 rotor perhaps) instead of a 14 inch rotor since the LS1 is just spaced one inch further out? This would allow the use of 17 inch wheels, still be affordable and a good upgrade, and look cool.

Obviously the LT1 spindle may need to be trimmed where the "ear" is but I have not foun any info if anyone has done this yet and would like to know. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...a dozen looks and no comments?

·
Global Moderator
12,987 Posts
I have a set of ls1 spindles to do the 98-02 brake upgrade on my 95. I haven't looked at the ls1 spindles for awhile. But if memory serves me, the caliper mounting on lt1 & ls1 spindles are completely different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was only meant to be an encouraging statement to create discussion, not a nagging one, Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts