LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to reinstall My crank pully. I'm aprehensive to use the crank bolt and also don't wanna buy an installer for big bucks , if I can even find one. I was thinking.IDE buy a hardened longer bolt same thread as My crank and then a nut at the top of the threads with a bearing inbetween to press it on... thoughts.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
i made a tool for it myself.. you should really buy or rent the proper tool though, lots of people have done some pretty bad damage trying to pull it back on with the bolts.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rented one tool from the local parts store , that didn't end up working but it worked on the same premise of a bolt screwed into the crank and then a bearing and nut used to push the pully on.. what premise does the proper tool use? I deff don't wanna f My crank up so close to install.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the link.. yeah that was the same premise I was going on. I was just gonna use a long hardened bolt instead of the rod. Cool looks like My thinking was dead on. That's the route ill use. To the hardware store tomorrow. And get that bad boy on.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the hub is what I'm installing.. wasnt sure if correct terminology would make that the hub or pully. Either way .. not the harmonic balancer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts