LS1LT1 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I want to relocate the icm off the block and for the time being i just zip tied it to the big wiring harmess next to it so it wont just be dangling and free from the block

·
Global Moderator
13,218 Posts
Hope you put heat sink compound on back of icm & it's heat sink. If not you'll be changing it again soon. Myself, I always carry a spare icm & a tube of heat sink compound.

If you decide to move icm, make sure it has an ample sized heat sink to attach to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Its still in the driveway not driving it yet. I left the new icm and backing plate on the block lol im going to get that situated this weekend. Could i use spacers on the back of the plate if i do keep it on the block?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is possible to space the ICM away from the head, and help it cool down a bit better.

ICM Cooling Mod

If you have time, read through Shoebox's website. Even if you aren't in an F-body, the information is still very useful. I have been able to save time waiting on the forum by checking with the procedures and guides posted there. I feel that if you drive an Gen 2 LT1, there are certain things you just need. Shoebox's website, bookmarked on your phone is ABSOLUTELY one of them. At this point, I think I am seeing this forum and the shoebox site more than I see Google, especially when it comes to wrenching on my Firebird.

Good luck continuing to work on your car! Looking forward to hearing more updates.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey thanks much im definitely going to browse that links thanks will give me something to do this weekend

21 - 25 of 25 Posts