LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1995 lt1 in my 1950 Chevy pickup. I need to get a same era Corvette accessories bracket to eliminate any item, in particular the a/c compressor, from sitting to low and contacting the frame rail. My question is does anyone know if my original accessories, from a '95 Buick, will bolt up to the Corvette bracket? I sure hope that I don't have to replace them.

P.S.
Are there any alternatives out there other than a Vette bracket, i.e., less expensive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For swapping the LT1 into my El Camino, I got a relocation bracket from Carson Engineering, but this was over 15yr ago. It put the compressor high on the driver's side like the original, so all the original hoses fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a number of Carson Engineering companies on the internet. Do you recall a website, phone number, etc.?

You state that all original "hoses" fit...do you mean the original accessories?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a 1995 lt1 in my 1950 Chevy pickup. I need to get a same era Corvette accessories bracket to eliminate any item, in particular the a/c compressor, from sitting to low and contacting the frame rail. My question is does anyone know if my original accessories, from a '95 Buick, will bolt up to the Corvette bracket? I sure hope that I don't have to replace them.

P.S.
Are there any alternatives out there other than a Vette bracket, i.e., less expensive?
I would try Rock Auto or Gm Parts Now to compare part numbers of the components you are going to reuse. If the part number for the compressor is the same for a corvette and a buick then it should work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the LT1 AC relocation bracket from Bowers Rod Shop 877-210-9218. Comes with a bracket for the MAF sensor and a AC delete pulley where the compressor originally was. Cost about $300 in 2006. Sorry I gave you a wrong name - old guy working from memory. 😆
By using original hoses, I meant compressor to the condenser and evaporator.
Here's what it looks like.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts