LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends :)

I hope you're all doing well.

I was having misfire and hard cold start issues recently - so I replaced the Opti and now it won't start at all. Checked the fuel pressure and it holds at 10-15psi @ key on engine off. Before tackling the fuel pump for the first time, I thought I'd replace the fuel pressure regulator and injectors first. Fuel filter was changed about 2 yrs ago.

I bought these injectors on eBay (inb4 cheap ass)
22LB Camaro Corvette Firebird TPI Bosch Fuel Injector upgrade Design III 4 hole 22LB Camaro Corvette Firebird TPI Bosch Fuel Injector upgrade Design III 4 hole | eBay

The gentleman selling them assured me that they're direct fit replacements - in fact he claimed that they're an upgrade. However they certainly don't look the same.

Did I get duped or are these legit?

Thank you so much

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
12,936 Posts
Believe I answered this once already. My 90 camaro used the same fat injectors from factory. My Acel replacements look just like the yellow-orange ones you have pictured. They work fine in my car.

Just make sure they are correct fuel lbs and if any changes to fuel injector offsets need to be made. Can't comment on the quality of the cheap injectors you bought, or how long they will last.

But my acel injectors have been on my car about 2 years now with no problems. They were probably made in the same factory as yours.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cocobolo95 -

Thanks for the reply and e-mails. You've helped a ton.

When I was reassembling everything I noticed something interesting. There's a vacuum line attached to the 2 hard fuel lines that I don't believe was ever attached to anything. After feeling around back there, it looks as if there's 3 vacuum lines that attach to the (EGR Solenoid?) and the far right one is missing.

Is that where this line is supposed to attach? If so, my vacuum line won't reach back there - it's way too short lol :/

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks BALLSS,

Just reinstalled the new injectors, new fpr and changed the fuel filter (soaked in gas - FML)

Still won't start and my fuel pressure gauge only goes up to about 5 now and stays there.

I had an interesting thought today. When I changed the opti - I had a tough time getting the 3 bolts out of the crank pulley. It rotated counter clockwise a couple times (kept the serpentine belt on so everything rotated). I did mark where it was originally before I started, and thought I rotated it back to the starting position - but maybe I didn't? Won't this cause it not to start? I read something about TDC being off when this happens.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the orientation of the damper has nothing to do with timing. If you want to install the damper hub so it is positioned as stock, rotate motor so #1 cyl is TDC and mount the damper so the "pointed" shaped spoke of damper is 12 o'clock

The opti, installed correctly, is what matters regarding timing

at 5PSI FP your car will not start. You likely have a bad fuel pump or bad wiring to fuel pump

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the orientation of the damper has nothing to do with timing. If you want to install the damper hub so it is positioned as stock, rotate motor so #1 cyl is TDC and mount the damper so the "pointed" shaped spoke of damper is 12 o'clock

The opti, installed correctly, is what matters regarding timing

at 5PSI FP your car will not start. You likely have a bad fuel pump or bad wiring to fuel pump
Thanks man - I have this fuel pump on the way REAL WALBRO 255LPH Fuel Pump LS1 LT1 Camaro Trans Am 1993-2002 + F-Body Install | eBay REAL WALBRO 255LPH Fuel Pump LS1 LT1 Camaro Trans Am 1993-2002 + F-Body Install

What do you think? And does anyone know any good write ups on the fuel pump install?

·
Global Moderator
12,936 Posts
Be carefuo about buying name brand parts on places like ebay. The Chinese are masters of counterfeiting American parts. They will be almost undetectable. Have the American company name and even made in the USA on them.

The best bet to buy real American brands is to buy direct from the company. Or from a trusted source like Jegs or Summit Racing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts