LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i bleed my coolant system 93 formula LT1, do i do it with it running?
and do i open all 3 valves at the same time or sepratly?

i did it with it running and it was blowing just air out the whole time til it over heated.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
there are only two valves.

car not running, crack them both (dont take the screws out, just loosen them several turns), add coolant slowly, and close each as a steady flow of coolant starts to come out. then start your car, pour in coolant as its running till its full, close the cap. fill your coolant res to the 'hot' line.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
funny, i've never seen a bleeder on the throttle body before, in all my days screwing around with lt1s.. are you sure it's a bleed screw?

either way you dont need that one

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
it's also worth mentioning that even if you screw up the bleed screws or dont want to use them, you can just add coolant, start car, shut off car, wait, add coolant, and repeat

eventually you will get it full

the only reason for all this nonsense is that the coolant flows in reverse; so instead of pushing coolant up through the block, it's pushing it down through the head, so it has a lot of trouble evacuating air on its own.

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
It's not just the reverse cooling, on cars with a low mounted radiator, mid engine cars are famous for this, the air doesn't bleed out by itself very easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts