LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other day I seen a very little puddle of antifreeze in my drive way and I found that It was leaking from this hose that's not connected anywhere but it's blocked of with this weird looking pipe thing. Does advanced auto parts sell some thing to block the end of the hose off? Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Global Moderator
13,219 Posts
Might want to go to shbox.com and see what the hose is for. If not needed, I have success using a bolt that fits the hose tightly, and a hose clamp to make it tight.

If feeling insecure about the rig up, coat bolt with some pipe sealant before inserting into hose.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well the other day I seen a very little puddle of antifreeze in my drive way and I found that It was leaking from this hose that's not connected anywhere but it's blocked of with this weird looking pipe thing. Does advanced auto parts sell some thing to block the end of the hose off? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Your throttle body coolant bypass hoses?

Do you have any hoses attached to the pipes on your throttle body?

if it is your throttle body hoses, it sounds like you can remove the pipe thingy, cut the hose back and reinstall the pipe thingy?

Usually all you need to do is put a bolt of the proper size and clamp it down?!

I don't remember if we connected the ends of my hoses to make a loop there. We probably did that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts