LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 LT-4

Can someone help me confirm my parts list?

I have the Meziere 55gpm water pump. Does anyone know what size freeze plug fits the timing cover hole?

Also, I want to confirm I can switch over to a standard L-98 TPI style timing gear and chain set? Should only have to run a shorter dowel right?

The machine shop is balancing my rotating assembly "internal" front and back. Id like to run a better than stock damper since the OEM seems to be external balance anyways (and is worn out). What do you guys recommend?

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
The only question I can answer is that lt1 engine is internally balanced.

My only other suggestion is to search for electric water pump threads on the forum. Pretty sure all you questions will be answered. That is, if you don't mind digging through all the threads that come up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only question I can answer is that lt1 engine is internally balanced.

My only other suggestion is to search for electric water pump threads on the forum. Pretty sure all you questions will be answered. That is, if you don't mind digging through all the threads that come up.
What's the deal with the asymmetric front hub then?

·
Registered
494 Posts
As I understand, it is internally balanced on the front but external on the rear.
The flywheel has an added weight to offset the cut away crank hub on the one piece rear crank.

Mitch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I understand, it is internally balanced on the front but external on the rear.
The flywheel has an added weight to offset the cut away crank hub on the one piece rear crank.

Mitch
Yeah the SPEC clutch I got has a weight bolted on it. They said all I have to do is unbolt it and it becomes, "internal balance".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts