LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I run my stock converter with the computer programmed for a higher stall? I am going to have my computer programmed for my new headers and was wondering if I should have it programmed for a higher stalll now. I am planning on installing a higher stall soon and was wondering if i could have my program done for it and run it with my stock converter for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was planning on installing pacesetter headers and removing all my egr ,air parts and rear O2's. I thought I was going to need to get all of these functions deleted in my program. Can I run my car with all the this still active. My car is a 96 TA. I thought I could get my program now and run it with my stock converter. I know that it needs to be program after the converter is installed. I did not know if it was problem to do it now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AutoGuide.Com Fre e Ap

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can only increase line pressure (firm shift), shift points, shift extensions, you cannot re-stall the stock converter. Nice try though...I'd get your header install tuned for sure if you DD it..correct your air to fuel ratio so it doesn't run to lean/rich....get rid.of the ses light...It'll run more efficient tuned.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
You can only increase line pressure (firm shift), shift points, shift extensions, you cannot re-stall the stock converter. Nice try though...
The OP is planning on installing a higher stalling converter in the future, he isn't asking if you can change the stall speed of a stock converter via a tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts