LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've converted my '95 lt1 to a carb and distributor. I purchased the GMPP intake to accomplish this. A question I have is can I just plug the (water) lines and any others that exit the back of the heads? What issues if any should I expect to encounter in doing so? (It appears that the water line went to the now deleted throttle body). I sure don't want to mess up the "heads first" cooling system of the lt1.

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
The steam pipes are essential for the LT1 because of it's reverse cooling system. This system is why a LT1 can run 10.5 to 1 compression ratio on pump gas. Not having the steam pipes can actually cause a melted piston, especially on back cylinders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The steam pipes are essential for the LT1 because of it's reverse cooling system. This system is why a LT1 can run 10.5 to 1 compression ratio on pump gas. Not having the steam pipes can actually cause a melted piston, especially on back cylinders.
So how/where can I route them?

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
There's a diagram of steam pipe system at following link www.shbox.com.
#16 in the diagrams, drawings & exploded views section. The diagram shows the steam pipe system.

Unless you have the factory parts, you will have to find substitute parts to create the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts