LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody, I am from salem,Oregon. A window tinter of 20 years and born and raised diy-er.also a insomniac with a touch of a.d.d.
So I've spent a lot of time learning all kinds of new things over my 42 years of life. Most recently is this crazy little truck. Remember, I am not a mechanic...but there's nothing I can't wrap my non stop mind around. Any and all advice as to where to begin will be much appreciated

·
Global Moderator
13,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I see your truck has either a LT1 350 ci, or a L99 265 ci. I can't tell which by just looking at it, but most people who swap use the LT1.

Since you haven't listed any problems I will give you links to good info. 1st, there's the shoebox site. It's crammed full of good LT1 info. www.shbox.com

2nd, here's a link to f-body service manuals which will cover engine, transmission, computer, & eng/trans wiring. You will have access to 93, 94, 95, & 96 factory service manuals. Muck good info there. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

If you have specific questions on the lt1 engine, transmission, computer & wiring, start a new thread with your questions. We will do our best to help you find the answers.

I'm not real familiar with trucks, but I'm pretty sure there are members out there who know trucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links,cocobolo95,just picked it up and am giving it a good going over today.
It is the LT1 and so far from the sound of it, it's running a little off. I'm guessing timing, as I was told it has fresh plugs,wires, distributor etc. But it seems, no computer. As I haven't found any where to plug in my obd..not sure if that's normal, it came out of the previous owners 96 vette.
Going to take the day to put some love into it and see what happens, thanks again for the leads. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think that's an LT1. It's a TPI motor. You can clearly see the intake runners and the distributor in the back.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Global Moderator
13,110 Posts
Jake is right, my poor eyesight led me to miss the intake runners. You indeed have the 85-92 350 or 305 engine. However, being that it's a port fuel injected vehicle, it must have a computer somewhere.

The same link I gave you for the 93-96 servicer manuals has a 85 firebird service manual which should cover the tpi engines.

Also, floating around the internet is a 88 firebird service manual you can download. Do a google search using this query. " 1988 Pontiac firebird service manual pdf".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think that's an LT1. It's a TPI motor. You can clearly see the intake runners and the distributor in the back.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
That's what someone else said, so I'm checking the engine block and am going to run numbers on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jake is right, my poor eyesight led me to miss the intake runners. You indeed have the 85-92 350 or 305 engine. However, being that it's a port fuel injected vehicle, it must have a computer somewhere.

The same link I gave you for the 93-96 servicer manuals has a 85 firebird service manual which should cover the tpi engines.

Also, floating around the internet is a 88 firebird service manual you can download. Do a google search using this query. " 1988 Pontiac firebird service manual pdf".
Awesome thanks. This just keeps getting better and better. I'm actually more of a fan of the firebird than the corvette.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts