LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 Z28 showed this code today and the SES light started to blink... what are the basic causes of this aside from the bad spark and bad wire... i recently changed the opti and car was working fine but hesitates a little now and then... any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I checked the wire and everything seemed to be in order.... i scanned again and now it gives the P0300 code....i cant seem to find any problems with the wires but the car is is giving hard starts... cranks a lot before finally starting, which i dont understand because the starter is new, I have an optima battery, and the opti is also new... I dont understand what's wrong...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
P0300 is a random misfire code. Since you already got a 307 code, I'd continue to look at #7.

You now know why the driveability tech is the highest paid guy in the shop...!

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
well I checked the wire and everything seemed to be in order.... i scanned again and now it gives the P0300 code....i cant seem to find any problems with the wires but the car is is giving hard starts... cranks a lot before finally starting, which i dont understand because the starter is new, I have an optima battery, and the opti is also new... I dont understand what's wrong...
Long cranking has nothing to do with the starter. If anything, it tells you the starter is working well. :) New opti, but what brand?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I work at pepboys so i got one of the reman that we sell to see if that was the problem... its weird... sometimes it starts fast and other times slow... a friend of mine said that the battery might need some charge... could be i guess

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry about that... fires up slowly* takes a while to start... but just sometimes.. starter was replaced also a few months ago...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts