2,215 Posts
Have to be registered to read. :barf

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
five7kid said:
Have to be registered to read. :barf
Didn't realize that. Basically they are rated at 205 from the factory but based on dyno #'s they are more like 230-235 crank HP.

·
Registered
612 Posts
which is better, but still not enough

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
i raced one like 2 nights ago and im surprised how well he kept up. pretty quick and i think its a damn good looking car 2

·
Registered
138 Posts
Josh said:
That seems to be a recurring theme with the new FI sport compacts. My fiance's SRT4, which is rated at 230, made 223 RWHP completely stock. She added a CAI and made 233 at the wheels.

Josh
i think ya mean FWHP :thumbsup:

and yes Dodge did severly underrate the SRT-s HP. chevy has done the same thing, but its still not enough to catch the SRT, i hate to say it but its still too little too late for GM in the sport compact world.

and If they had put as much company support towards the F-body they never would have stopped making it and the LS-1 guys would probably have a facotry turbo kit or something equally as nice. but Gm decided to not support their mid level sports car and it cost them the entire market.

·
Registered
993 Posts
1970judge said:
Speedvision did a dyno it put down 196 fwhp. That is short of srt and impreza but thats somewhat good bang for the buck.
A WRX will put down a comparable number on an AWD dyno, but keep in mind that's through the power-sapping AWD system also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i think if your set on buying a new car then itd be good but if not you could buy a gtp and spend the money you save modding it and get it into the 12's for aroiund the same price

·
Registered
153 Posts
thats ur opinion, personally it seems like the same old cavaqueer with a new look/name. But if your lookin at it from just a financial view it makes more sense to get a used car and mod it so you can get better performance for the same price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts