LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if im just coasting out of gear that my rpm's bounce slightly between 1400 to 1500 rpms. Is that normal? it's enough to where you can hear it revving up and down it does this cold or warm and revs up for about 3 seconds befor coming back down and then continues the process. If im at a dead stop its fine only when moving out of gear. I cleaned i.a.c, t.b, has all new plugs and wires and new injectors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool i didn't think i would have you answer one of my questions im a big fan of your site. So all is well and it's normal for that?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I don't have a manual, but my automatic will do the same thing. I have seen many posts over the years about the RPM not settling down on the manual cars while still moving. There is a value in the programming that is called "throttle follower" that controls this.

LOL, there is nothing special about me answering your question. I'm just another guy on the internet with an idea or opinion. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thank you for the help. I know that this coming fall when i go to put my cam in i will be checking out your site for info. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
well, when you throw in your cam, you'll have to get it tuned, right?

you can tune the iac vs speed follower behavior out, if you want... i did, i like it better that way

...at least mostly tune it out, the minimum allowed is 3 iac steps...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good idea. I was trying to think of a list of things i wanted taken care of when i get my tune like having the fans come on earlier and a few other things. Do you think it would be worth it to send my pcm out for a tune or to take it somewhere near by for a dyno? this place by my house wants $500 for three runs on the dyno or i was looking at this site gmtuners.com they want something like $130 but i don't know how well that works out when you send your pcm to someone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts