LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to get a magnaflow exhuast would I run into problems with new suspension that gives a 1.25 inch drop? Planin on the magnaflow first then the new suspension later on down the road.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I doubt you will have any clearance issues, it should be fine. But I've never owned a lowered F-Body so I'm not really the guy to ask.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I thought I read something about someone having problems with exhuast with clearence issues but I was not sure I remembered so I figured i would ask

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Stock manifolds/stock Y/Mangaflow/1.25" drop you will be fine. No clearence issues.

If you add headers and a Y, you may run into issues. But it depends on which headers you go with. Kook's, QTP's, and FLP's tuck up very nicely and you will be fine. Everything else will hang and may scrape.

BTW I have Kook's, a catted Y, GMMG and I'm dropped 1.25". I've scraped once in 1.5 years.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
ya SLP headers are known to be the worst for clearnce issues

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What other headers have good clearance for 1.25 inch drop? Would this set up have any clearance problems or emission problems for the state of California....Jet Hot LT, Jet Hot Y-Pipe, and Magnaflow Exhuast. Now, will I still have my cat with this setup? Also would you guys recomend any other parts in place of the ones I have chosen? Last question what is the difference between LT's and shorties headers? Theres alot of questions there hopefully you guys can answer them all. Thanks a bunch.

-Mike

P.S. What did you mean by 1/3 of a pop can?

Sorry for the edits, I keep finding new stuff and I don't like posting a bunch when I can just edit one post.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh you guys keep moving this thread I can never find it, sorry for changin the subject in it and makin you move it though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
the emmisions NAZI's in cali dont like LT's...
LT's and shortys are night and day differant in power and sound.LT's might not work in cali, but midlegths that keep the cats in there stock possision might pass... i would recomend MAC's mids lengths with catted y-pipe. as for the cat back, as long as it has a C.A.R.B. number you are fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, These Mac Mid length headers say they do not ship to california Mac Mid Length but this one does not say and it is the same one Mac Mid Lenght Again now I know it does not say Emission legal but if i put this on my car with a magnaflow exhuast, would I have any problems passing a emissions test? Also I can bolt these headers strait onto my car use, the y-pipe that comes with it, as well as my stock Catalytic converter with the magnaflow exhuast and not need to change anything, I can just bolt it right on? I won't have clearance problems will I with a 1.25 inch drop?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
truth is it depends on who you take it to get inspected by....

in VA we have guys that will pass you for 200 bucks....

but in cali if you get a tough guy, then nothing that dont have a CARB number will pass

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I wish I knew someone I could go to, to get it passed no questions. Well, I think I might go with these SLP Headers, mainly since its emissions legal. How much gain you think I can get with that?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
dont know..... i never liked shortys..... i know you aint gettin no 20 hp like it says...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts